Contribution Terms of Service
You are being asked to contribute your research, recollections, photographic images, or other digital content to the Black Craftspeople Digital Archive , which is creating a digital record of the lives and legacies of black craftspeople.
You may only submit material created entirely by you and not copied from or based, in whole or in part, upon any other photographic, literary, or other material, except to the extent that such material is in the public domain, or you have permission of the copyright owner, or its use is allowed by “Fair Use” as prescribed by the terms of United States copyright law.
You must be 18 years of age or older to submit material. By submitting content through this form, you are granting the Black Craftspeople Digital Archive permission to disseminate, preserve, and use that content in connection with its educational and research mission, including promotional purposes, in all media in perpetuity. You retain ownership of and copyright in the material you share.
If you indicate on the form that your submission is “public,” your material may be published on the web (with or without your name, depending on what you have indicated) as part of the Black Craftspeople Digital Archive's digital collections or exhibits. Otherwise, your material will only be available to Black Craftspeople Digital Archive approved researchers.
Submitted material must not violate any confidentiality, privacy, security or other laws.
We reserve the right to discard or mark private any submission that BCDA staff identify as irrelevant or for any other reason within their professional judgment. The Black Craftspeople Digital Archive is not obligated to include your content in this project or preserve it in perpetuity.
Summary of Terms*
- You must be at least 18 years old.
- Submitted material must be owned and/or created by you.
- You have the option of making your contribution public or private. If public, your content may be published as part of the BCDA'S digital collections (with or without your name displayed, depending on what you have indicated).
- All submissions will be available to BCDA-approved researchers and can be used by the BCDA from now on in support of its teaching and research mission.
- Your submission must not violate any laws.